Arsenal are again slow in this transfer window though they have managed to extend the deal of their famous manager for another two years and have also signed Sead Kolasinac from Schalke for free.
Arsenal are currently linked with several other big names and among whom are:
- Lyon forward Lacazette: Lyon value him at nearly £50M but Arsenal are not willing to match this valuation though talks are still on going and they hope, they can strike a deal soon after Lyon confirmed the signing of Bertrand Traore from Chelsea on Monday.
- Mbappe is another name on the lips of Arsenal hierarchy and Wenger was hoping his French and Monaco connection and opportunity of regular starting place could help sway Mbappe’s decision but the youngster had only one destination in mind when he lives Monaco (Madrid).
- Henry Onyekwuru: The young Nigerian striker who plays for Eupen in Belgium is a toast of many English premier league club this summer after he was granted UK visa recently though Wenger was among the first to show interest in the striker but he has failed to match KAS Eupen valuation of the player who scored 22 goals in Belgium top division last season.
- Riyadh Mahrez: The £50M attacking midfielder who was superb in Leicester City heroic in 2016 had told the Foxes of his intentions to leave for a bigger club. Arsenal are one of his suitors but they are yet to bid for the talented Algerian star.
Expected departures at Arsenal this summer include :
- Alexis Sanchez: The Chilean talisman is expected to leave the Emirates stadium this summer.
- Oliver Giroud: The French striker is expected to leave this summer if Arsenal finally signs Lacazette from Lyon. Next year is World Cup and several players will be seeking for a regular playing time.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: the midfielder who was deployed at right wing back towards the end of last season is worried about lack of first team opportunities and with the World Cup looming, it remained to be seen if the player commit his future to the gunners.
Chelsea are yet to confirm any signing this summer and reports earlier this month suggested that their manager Conte was ready to walk away from the club if they are not willing to back him for the defense of his premier league title and Champions League next season.
Conte has identified several players whom he believed would help him for his quest in Europe next season and among whom are
- Romelu Lukaku: the Everton forward who scored 25 premier league goals last season is top of his list but Everton’s £100M valuation of the player is proving a stumbling block to the deal.
- Alvaro Morata: Conte signed Morata at Juventus, just days before his resignation and would like to work with the Spaniard who scored 15 LA Liga goals from a bit part role at Bernabeu last season.
- Tiemoue Bakayoko: the French defensive midfielder is one of those that shone brightly for Monaco both in the league and the Champions League last season. It’s believe that the player will sign for Chelsea on time for their preseason tour next month.
- Sandro: he is another player high on Conte’s list and is likely to cost the blues in the excess of £60 million.
- Virgil van Dijk: the £60 million rated Southampton defender is one of the names to replace John Terry.
- Bonucci: he is high on Conte’s list having worked with him at Juventus and Italy, Conte knows him too well but the deal is highly unlikely because of Chelsea’s policy for players who are 30 years and above.
Chelsea are expected to sell these players this summer having released their captain and legend John Terry this month.
- Diego Costa: After the January training ground bust up with one of the coaches at the cobham, Conte and Costa relationship seemed to be on the downward slope and cumulated in Conte’s famous text message to Costa in which the manager made it clear that he is not part of his plans for next season.
- Matic: Matic is a rumoured £40 million target for his former boss Mourinho at Manchester United and the arrival of Bakayoko will hasten his exit from Stamford Bridge.
What are your thoughts? Who do you think will improve your club next season?